Jan 7, 2009

EaglesFanCast Episode 48 is live!

We recorded our 48th show last night. It's so much more fun when the Eagles are doing well, ESPECIALLY when they're in the playoffs! Listeners are writing in more, which is amazing. It's still a little weird to me that people listen to what we're doing. They definitely seem to appreciate our honesty, and they can tell we don't take ourselves too seriously. The best part is we get feedback from people mostly outside the Philly area. I try to read every email during the show, play every voicemail, talk about the game, the upcoming game, and juggle all of that while trying to keep it relatively short. I know if the show's too long we'd probably lose listeners... not to mention I want to keep it interesting for people.
I chose to stay home for the game, despite a part of me wanting to head out to a pub or friend's house to watch the game. I think it was mostly because I wanted to instill a little of the Eagles fandemonium into my two little Eaglettes. Unfortunately I think I scared them instead. LOL When Brian Westbrook caught McNabb's pass then ran for 71 yards for a touchdown, I lost my mind. My son was looking at me rather nervously, but my daughter got it.
So the Eagles beat the Vikings in the first round of the playoffs, and now move on to play the New York Giants for the Divisional Playoff game. I'm feeling confident about this one, but it's all going to depend on coaching. I think the players are ready and mature. But my fear is that the stubborn, not-able-to-adjust Andy Reid will show up if the Eagles fall behind early. I know they can win, they just have to pull it all together like they have been the last few weeks. I can't wait! E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

No comments: